Your company will receive a new MacbookPro for your next job change.
I have been using my own MacbookPro for about 2 years and have set various applications to web development environment as it is, but I want to prepare how to set up the environment of a new computer It is.
The amount of data is 160GB, including the virtual environment.
When migrating data
- Migrate with Migration Assistant
- Migrating with Time Machine
If not migrating
- Set appropriately from 1
If i have a new experience with Mac, can you tell me which method is best for you?
After investigating, it seems that some settings (Homebrew and other environments) can not be migrated even using Migration Assistant or Time Machine, so I thought that it might be easier to understand from 1 However, I am worried because unexpected things are likely to happen if I try it.
Answer # 1
I've done everything, but if you don't want to be clean,
I think Migration Assistant or Time Machine is easy.
However,WiFi should be avoided. It takes a lot of time ...
For Homebrew, I think automation by Ansible is good.
(Although I couldn't do it ...)
Automating Mac development environment construction (early 2015)-t-wada blog
Answer # 2
I use the Migration Assistant. Recently (but quite a while ago) I moved from Early 2011 on MacBook Pro to Early 2015 with Migration Assistant.
Some migration assistants do not carry over some settings, and some applications may need to be installed again, but OS standard apps can be migrated, so you can save a lot of time.
Once you migrate with the Migration Assistant, if there are many inconveniences, how about setting up from 1 after re-installing a new OS?
- macos (osx) - how to try an application on macbook air without polluting the environment
- macos (osx) - macbook pro a1260 early 2008 initialization
- macos (osx) - what is the recommended environment for creating web apps with anaconda and django?
- macos (osx) - user name is not displayed in macbook terminal, only macbook% is displayed
- macos (osx) - will turning on the computer (macbook pro) 24 hours a day, 365 days a day will increase the failure rate of the co
- macos (osx) - mac purchase beginner specifications
- macos (osx) - macbook air terminal"no such file or directory"
- macos (osx) - which macbook can develop an ios app and release it to the applestore?
- macos (osx) - i want to know the minimum macbook specs when studying development using xcode
- macos (osx) - about macos apfs "other volume in container" reduction method
- macos (osx) - about the location of centos7 git
- macos (osx) - how to hit one point of "" " mac
- macos (osx) - i can't use the sudo command even though i changed it with visudo
- macos (osx) - docker error
- macos (osx) - the centos7 cursor (pointer) on virtualbox disappears
- macos (osx) - uninstall mcafee
- macos (osx) - data download on linux installed on mac and virtualbox
- macos (osx) - about the impact of sandbox on mac application file writing
- macos (osx) - data type image writing does not succeed in mac application