Here , refer to this article for softether on Ubuntu 18.04 (VPN gate) server built.
I went to the end, and I was able to connect to the VPN from another PC safely, but I couldn't resolve the name on the server for some reason.
You are connected to the Internet, and you can connect by entering the IP directly, but when you enter the address, "No IP address was found" is displayed.
The VPN client can connect normally.
Here are the configuration files etc.
# interfaces (5) file used by ifup (8) and ifdown (8) auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto br0 iface br0 inet static address 192.168.0.137 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.0.1 bridge_ports enp3s0 tap_hogevpn dns-nameservers 220.127.116.11
Fixing dns-nameservers did not change anything.
hoge @ hoge-SERVER: ~ $brctl show bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces br0 8000.5ed748821d7c no enp3s0 tap_hogevpn hoge @ hoge-SERVER: ~ $ifconfig br0: flags = 4163<UP, BROADCAST, RUNNING, MULTICAST>mtu 1500 inet 192.168.0.137 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 inet6 fe80 :: 5cd7: 48ff: fe82: 1d7c prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link> ether 5e: d7: 48: 82: 1d: 7c txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet) RX packets 10733 bytes 2879719 (2.8 MB) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 13999 bytes 5822356 (5.8 MB) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0 enp3s0: flags = 4163<UP, BROADCAST, RUNNING, MULTICAST>mtu 1500 ether 9c: b6: 54: a9: 04: 4d txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet) RX packets 85990 bytes 28241392 (28.2 MB) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 87748 bytes 34142517 (34.1 MB) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0 device interrupt 18 lo: flags = 73<UP, LOOPBACK, RUNNING>mtu 65536 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0 inet6 :: 1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10<host> loop txqueuelen 1000 (local loopback) RX packets 176674 bytes 16422695 (16.4 MB) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 176674 bytes 16422695 (16.4 MB) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0 tap_hogevpn: flags = 4163<UP, BROADCAST, RUNNING, MULTICAST>mtu 1500 ether 5e: d7: 48: 82: 1d: 7c txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet) RX packets 28049 bytes 4096621 (4.0 MB) RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0 TX packets 50034 bytes 20045954 (20.0 MB) TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0
Is it necessary to set up a router?
Please lend us your help.
Answer # 1
The name resolution is not possible because of the bridge setting.
#Replace the DNS server with anything (Google this time) nameserver 18.104.22.168 Code
Reboot and complete
- ruby - edit doesn't work after building rails association?
- ios - can't run on real machine after building with unity
- after building c language with eclipse, it cannot be executed
- c ++ - after building opencv with cmake
- dns - after setting cloudflare, i can no longer resolve names inside the server
- after building the php environment
- dns name resolution cannot be done on a specific network
- dns - after changing the domain name server acquired by mumu domain to route53, where should the mail server be used?
- vuejs - [vue] after building, background-color of body becomes #fff
- unity - abnormal numbers after building game
- ios - screen black out after building xcode
- dns - about name resolution of hosts file
- after switching dns, the website has an ip address error
- why can name resolution be performed when the ip of the dns server is the ip of the router?
- dns name resolution behavior