I am running ubuntu with bash on windows (windows subsystem for linux).
If i drag and drop a file from Windows Explorer to the ubuntu folder (C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc \ LocalState \ rootfs \ home), you will not be able to see it on ubuntu.
At present, we have created a file/directory with the same name in ubuntu and then saved it from windows, and this works for some reason.
However, it is very difficult if there are many files.
Is there any good way?
Answer # 1
Windows C: \ is mounted at/mnt/c on the WSL side.
Reference the file created on the Windows folder side from the WSL side.
Please refer to this article for an old article.
Accessing the WSL directory from Windows may cause file corruption.
Note that if you mess with Ubuntu files from Windows on Bash on Windows
Answer # 2
Be careful if you mess with Ubuntu files from Windows on Bash on Windowsp>
It is NG to change the WSL area from Windows as described in this article.
Although it is troublesome, let's work by either of the following methods.
Work by moving to the Windows path with bash
Copy and work with Windows files with bash
- Python sync windows and linux files
- linux - [ubuntu] i want to combine multiple text files of the same format with the file name
- 10 ways to view the contents of compressed files under Linux (summary)
- How to quickly copy large files under Linux
- On the introduction of Linux environment variable files
- download large files with winscp in windows 10
- red hat linux lost files when booting after power off
- How Linux handles files deleted but space not released
- How Python3 is packaged on Windows and Linux
- Detailed command to view linux files
- how to copy files from host to remote with linux scp command
- Linux delete files with spaces (not directories)
- Teach you how to enable the Linux subsystem of Windows 10 (graphics super detailed)
- Linux find all files under a folder containing a certain character
- How to install Linux on Windows 10
- linux - i want to dual boot, but grub menu does not start and windows starts
- Detailed identification of files with the same content on Linux
- Explain the files filtered by time in the Linux search directory
- Linux uses join -a1 to merge two files
- The clever use of the Linux Shell to find files in a directory using a for loop
- linux - i want to create a container from a local container image with kubenetes
- linux - log file is not created due to periodic execution
- error with android debug deploy in buildozer
- linux - to log in to aws/vps etc from ubuntu (desktop)
- linux - i want to set the permissions for the files to be installed by pip setuppy
- linux - i want to execute commands in text in parallel
- linux - remove ubuntu from dual boot → don't boot
- linux - log rotate does not work
- linux - i want to keep files for one week with log rotate settings
- linux - about the behavior of log rotation