I installedPostgres9.6.9on a test laptop.
psql -U postgres
psql (9.6.9, server 9.5.4)
is displayed, and it seems thatPostgres9.5.4was installed on this PC before, and I am going to see9.5.4I understand that.
How can you keep the old version and make the version i am looking for the new9.6.9?
- I want to create a test environment on my laptop (Windows7).
- Postgres9.6.9 installed.
- Postgres9.5.4 was already installed. If i log in with the
- command, it will be (9.6.9, server 9.5.4).
- I don't want to delete the old version.
- I want to see the new 9.6.9.
Answer # 1
Coexistence is possible. Postgres is installed mainly for version upgrades.
If there is a previous version folder in the installation folder, it will be inherited.
Therefore, please install the installation folder clearly.
It seems that there is no data folder dedicated to 9.6 (refer to 9.5).
I often do a separate folder for each version, such as \ pstgres \ 9.4, \ pstgres \ 9.5, and install it in a different location from the OS drive.
Use the bundled PGADMIN in each version or use a higher version.
* If you refer to the upper DB in the lower version, the server status etc. will continue to emit "incompatible" errors frequently.
- postgresql - about partiton by null in postgres
- c # - switching between button clicks and text boxes
- Solution for a brief black screen when switching between activities in Android development
- Oracle database DGbroker switching between three protection modes
- Switching between root and ordinary users in ubuntu (recommended)
- The main differences between MySQL 41/50/51/55/56 versions
- The solution to the problem of flashing when switching between the Android emoji panel and the soft keyboard
- Summary of setting method for switching between full screen and non-full screen in Android development
- How to switch between two versions of JDK under Linux
- How to switch between different versions of the same program in Linux
- Streamline the differences between the 8 versions of vue (summary)
- XrecyclerView implements loading data and switching between different layouts
- Switching between Python27 and Python36 in Ubuntu 1804
- Correspondence between Tomcat and JDK versions and features of each version of Tomcat
- The essential difference between Vue page switching and a link
- Vue implements the function of switching between base64 encoded pictures
- switching between "private network" and "guest or public network" using java
- postgresql - about postgres container built with docker compose
- [tableau] connection between tableau desktop and postgresql
- [php] switching between html mail and text mail by sending multipart mail
- python 3x - typeerror: 'method' object is not subscriptable
- python - you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages error
- xcode - pod install [!] no `podfile 'found in the project directory
- vuejs - [vuetify] unable to locate target [data-app] i want to unit test to avoid warning
- android studio - emulator: dsound: could not initialize about the error message directsoundcapture
- android studio - unresolved reference comes out in kotlin
- mysql startup failed [error] innodb: the innodb_system data file 'ibdata1' must be writable
- django - oserror: [winerror 123] the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect : '<frozen importlib_boot
- python - importerror: cannot import name md5 error cannot be resolved