The person who is doing numerical calculations using the c language, and trying to debug using the electric fence because the program seems to be leaking memory.
However, I am not familiar with the PC and I don't know how to install
Please let me know if anyone knows.
Also brew install electric-fence
Error: No previously deleted formula found. ==>Searching for similarly named formulae ... Error: No similarly named formulae found. ==>Searching taps ... ==>Searching taps on GitHub ... Error: No formulae found in taps.
(Some error messages have been omitted.)
Similar results were obtained with brew install ElectricFence.
I couldn't change the uppercase and lowercase letters a little ...
If i use yum or apt-get, you will be told that there is no such command.Supplemental information (FW/tool version etc.)
gcc version 8.2.0
My mac is high sierra version 10.13.6
Answer # 1
Also brew install electric-fence
Are some sites mentioned that you can installElectric Fenceon MacOS X that way? (I don't think so ...)
Electric Fence was used more than 10 years ago and it was easy to use, so I've used it several times, but it is no longer maintained and can be installed on a new OS. It is a little uncertain whether it can be used.
Electric Fence * Indicates that the original author page is a candidate for deletion due to a broken link.
As a result of testing, Ubuntu 16.04 on Linux was able to install and use it with the
apt-getcommand. If you are using MacOS X,
brew(Homebrew) is not possible, and you will have to download the source file and compile and build it yourself.
In the first place, however, Electric Fence does not detect memory leaks when using
malloc. It is illegal outside the memory area allocated by
malloc. To detect unwanted access.
In that sense, if you can install it on your MacOS X, you will not be able to meet your final requirements. According to the questioner's past questions, it seems that you should be familiar with how to use Valgrind because you are using Valgrind. I've never used Valgrind, but it's newer than Electric Fence, is still maintained, and can detect memory leaks.
If you use yum or apt-get, you will be told that there is no such command.
yumis a command used in Red Hat Linux, and
apt-getis an install package management command used in Debian (debian and ubuntu). Basically not available on MacOS X. There was a related question answer at StackOverflow before, so I will inform you.
[Development beginner] I want to use yum on mac, but it doesn't work.
Answer # 2
I've never used it on the command line, but can I use Instruments that come with Xcode?
- source code reading of tail command i want to install a library that does not exist locally
- how to install stm32cubemx on mac
- Install VMware tools under VMware, the installation file is not resolved
- Steps to install browser development tools in Vue
- VMware Workstation 12 Install Ubuntu and VMware Tools Tutorial
- python 3x - typeerror: 'method' object is not subscriptable
- python - you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages error
- xcode - pod install [!] no `podfile 'found in the project directory
- vuejs - [vuetify] unable to locate target [data-app] i want to unit test to avoid warning
- android studio - emulator: dsound: could not initialize about the error message directsoundcapture
- android studio - unresolved reference comes out in kotlin
- mysql startup failed [error] innodb: the innodb_system data file 'ibdata1' must be writable
- django - oserror: [winerror 123] the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect : '<frozen importlib_boot
- python - importerror: cannot import name md5 error cannot be resolved