In my impression, a cyber attack first obtains a user name and password in some way, and uses it to destroy data with legitimate privileges on the system. Is there a type of attack that does something that wouldn't be possible with your account without it?
Answer # 1
In my impression, a cyber attack first obtains a user name and password in some way and uses it to destroy data with legitimate privileges on the system.
This is called unauthorized login. This is one of the methods of cyber attack, but this is not all. Rather, it may be a small percentage.
Is there a type of attack that does something that wouldn't have been possible with your account without obtaining formal privileges?
Yes, there is. The reason you can do what you can't do with your account is because the software is vulnerable.
Also, targeted attacks use viruses (malware). The malware infects the target computer, and the malware (the entity is a program) steals information or performs unauthorized operations. This will also allow you to perform operations with privileges that the attacker did not originally have.
Answer # 2
My impression is that a cyber attack first obtains a username and password in some way and uses it to destroy data with legitimate privileges on the system.
There are many attacks that are not limited to this.
Vulnerability attacks that can elevate privileges
Attack that allows users to execute malicious programs such as targeted attacks
Attack to physically destroy the machine
Denial-of-service attacks that demand a lot of services and make it difficult for legitimate users to navigate
Answer # 3
The cyber attack that the questioner says is "illegal access attack".
If you want to gain unauthorized access to your machine and attack, you need to know your username and password.
However, cyber attacks do not require an attacker to access the machine.
Did you know the ransomware "WannaCry", which was devastating last year?
This is called a worm and the infection spread without any user interaction.
When infected, files on the PC are encrypted and can no longer be used.
There are a variety of attack methods other than "illegal access attacks" that many people think of when they hear "cyber attacks".
In addition, "unauthorized operations" are not always attacks.
There are a variety of cyber attacks.
- python - is it possible to perform weighting based on the difference in the amount of training data in a simple deep learning cl
- c # - i want to perform ui operations during heavy processing, but the processing is blocked and does not work
- php - i want to make an array of buttons from the top page, not from the source code (i want to perform the operations currently
- java - is it possible to perform incremental bulk insert in parallel as embulk specification?
- i was able to perform migration once in cakephp, but it was not possible in the second time
- python - [numpy] i want to perform four arithmetic operations only on specific elements
- i want to perform matrix operations in python version opencv in c ++ version
- c # - perform treeview operations with linq
- swift - i want to perform operations such as pressing the bonder in the window behind while the dialog is being displayed with u
- security - ask about unauthorized access to your computer
- is it possible to make a security check option for weakness diagnosis comparable to rust in nim for individuals?
- i want the cpu to perform operations performed in python and cuda environments
- MyBatis Learning Tutorial (2)-How to Use MyBatis to Perform CRUD Operations on the Users Table
- Detailed operations and security of Log switch in Android
- Python uses pandas to perform differential operations on data
- Python how to perform matrix operations
- security - is it possible to detect downloads on the website?
- [c#] is it possible to perform error handling of a task running in a different thread from the main thread asynchronously?
- python 3x - typeerror: 'method' object is not subscriptable
- python - you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages error
- xcode - pod install [!] no `podfile 'found in the project directory
- vuejs - [vuetify] unable to locate target [data-app] i want to unit test to avoid warning
- android studio - emulator: dsound: could not initialize about the error message directsoundcapture
- android studio - unresolved reference comes out in kotlin
- mysql startup failed [error] innodb: the innodb_system data file 'ibdata1' must be writable
- django - oserror: [winerror 123] the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect : '<frozen importlib_boot
- python - importerror: cannot import name md5 error cannot be resolved