Hello! I'm studying Ruby and Rails by myself.
I was able to publish the Rails application on EC2 on AWS safely, but the following error occurred when I set up automatic deployment with Capistrano.
I couldn't understand even after searching, so I will ask you a question.
The app is deployed in the AWS EC2 "/ var/www/book_list/book_list-server" location.
What does the following error mean? Thank you in advance.
* S3_ACCESS_KEY and S3_SECRET_KEY are AWS S3 keys.
(Backtrace restricted to imported tasks) cap aborted! Don't know how to build task 'unicorn: restart' (see --tasks) Tasks: TOP =>deploy: restart (See full trace by running task with --trace) The deploy has failed with an error: Don't know how to build task 'unicorn: restart' (see --tasks) ** DEPLOY FAILED ** Refer to log/capistrano.log for details. Here are the last 20 lines: DEBUG [9e3f9022] Running/usr/bin/env ls /var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/public/assets/.sprockets-manifest* as ec2-admin-user @ ip address DEBUG [9e3f9022] Command: cd/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951&&(export S3_ACCESS_KEY = "" S3_SECRET_KEY = "" RBENV_ROOT = "$HOME/.rbenv" RBENV_VERSION = "2.3.4";/usr/bin/env ls /var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/public/assets/.sprockets-manifest*) DEBUG [ef0158ca] /var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/public/assets/.sprockets-manifest-5979c1e5c7fd9762fcdb7db115c8391e.json DEBUG [ef0158ca] Finished in 0.264 seconds with exit status 0 (successful). INFO  Running/usr/bin/env cp /var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/public/assets/.sprockets-manifest-5979c1e5c7fd9762fcdb7db115c8391e.json/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/assets_manifestbackup admin-user @ ip address DEBUG  Command: cd/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951&&(export S3_ACCESS_KEY = "" S3_SECRET_KEY = "" RBENV_ROOT = "$HOME/.rbenv" RBENV_VERSION = "2.3.4";/usr/bin/env cp /var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/public/assets/.sprockets-manifest-5979c1e5c7fd9762fcdb7db115c8391e.json/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/assets_manifest_backup) INFO [9d1d9225] Finished in 0.293 seconds with exit status 0 (successful). INFO [deploy: migrate] Run `rake db: migrate` DEBUG [2c574870] Running if test! -D/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951;then echo "Directory does not exist '/ var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951'" 1>&2;false;fi as ec2-admin-user @ ip address DEBUG [2c574870] Command: if test! -D/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951;then echo "Directory does not exist '/ var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951'" 1>&2;false;fi DEBUG [3b389d45] Finished in 0.285 seconds with exit status 0 (successful). INFO [033ff39d] Running $HOME/.rbenv/bin/rbenv exec bundle exec rake db: migrate as ec2-admin-user @ ip address DEBUG [033ff39d] Command: cd/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951&&(export S3_ACCESS_KEY = "" S3_SECRET_KEY = "" RBENV_ROOT = "$HOME/.rbenv" RBENV_VERSION = "2.3.4" RAILS_ENV = " production ";$HOME/.rbenv/bin/rbenv exec bundle exec rake db: migrate) INFO [7a8aa5dd] Finished in 3.425 seconds with exit status 0 (successful). INFO [e9f28ae0] Running/usr/bin/env ln -s/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/var/www/book_list/releases/current as ec2-admin-user @ ip address DEBUG [e9f28ae0] Command: (export S3_ACCESS_KEY = "" S3_SECRET_KEY = "" RBENV_ROOT = "$HOME/.rbenv" RBENV_VERSION = "2.3.4";/usr/bin/env ln -s/var/www/book_list/releases/20180828135951/var/www/book_list/releases/current) INFO [6fbb68c8] Finished in 0.236 seconds with exit status 0 (successful). INFO [a279d43f] Running/usr/bin/env mv/var/www/book_list/releases/current/var/www/book_list as ec2-admin-user @ ip address DEBUG [a279d43f] Command: (export S3_ACCESS_KEY = "" S3_SECRET_KEY = "" RBENV_ROOT = "$HOME/.rbenv" RBENV_VERSION = "2.3.4";/usr/bin/env mv/var/www/book_list/releases/current/var/www/book_list) INFO [3d063709] Finished in 0.240 seconds with exit status 0 (successful).</Code></pre> <p>The execution result of bundle exec cap -T is as follows.</p> <pre><code>cap bundler: clean # Remove unused gems installed by bundler cap bundler: install # Install the current Bundler environment cap bundler: map_bins # Maps all binaries to use `bundle exec` by default cap deploy # Deploy a new release cap deploy: check # Check required files and directories existcap deploy: check: directories # Check shared and release directories exist cap deploy: check: linked_dirs # Check directories to be linked exist in shared cap deploy: check: linked_files # Check files to be linked exist in shared cap deploy: check: make_linked_dirs # Check directories of files to be linked exist in shared cap deploy: cleanup # Clean up old releases cap deploy: cleanup_assets # Cleanup expired assets cap deploy: cleanup_rollback # Remove and archive rolled-back release cap deploy: clobber_assets # Clobber assets cap deploy: compile_assets # Compile assets cap deploy: db_create # Create database cap deploy: finished # Finished cap deploy: finishing # Finish the deployment, clean up server (s) cap deploy: finishing_rollback # Finish the rollback, clean up server (s) cap deploy: log_revision # Log details of the deploy cap deploy: migrate # Runs rake db: migrate if migrations are set cap deploy: migrating # Runs rake db: migrate cap deploy: normalize_assets # Normalize asset timestamps cap deploy: published # Published cap deploy: publishing # Publish the release cap deploy: restart # Restart application cap deploy: revert_release # Revert to previous release timestamp cap deploy: reverted # Reverted cap deploy: reverting # Revert server (s) to previous release cap deploy: rollback # Rollback to previous release cap deploy: rollback_assets # Rollback assets cap deploy: seed # Run seed cap deploy: set_current_revision # Place a REVISION file with the current revision SHA in the current release path cap deploy: started # Started cap deploy: starting # Start a deployment, make sure server (s) ready cap deploy: symlink: linked_dirs # Symlink linked directories cap deploy: symlink: linked_files # Symlink linked files cap deploy: symlink: release # Symlink release to current cap deploy: symlink: shared # Symlink files and directories from shared to release cap deploy: updated # Updated cap deploy: updating # Update server (s) by setting up a new release cap doctor # Display a Capistrano troubleshooting report (all doctor: tasks) cap doctor: environment # Display Ruby environment details cap doctor: gems # Display Capistrano gem versions cap doctor: servers # Display the effective servers configuration cap doctor: variables # Display the values of all Capistrano variables cap install # Install Capistrano, cap install STAGES = staging, production
Answer # 1
Don't know how to build task'unicorn: restart'(see --tasks)
means that the task
unicorn: restartis not defined. Certainly not as far as looking at capistrano tasks.
Probably it is because unicorn: restart is called in deploy: restart, and it is an error because it does not exist.
The solution is
Use Capistrano3 Unicorn
Use Capistrano :: UnicornNginx
Write your own task Reference: https://qiita.com/yu_0105/items/087055eaabfef022142f
- ruby - i get a chown illegal user name error in my aws deployment
- ruby - i got an error after automatic deployment using capistrano on aws
- ruby - error at deploy:assets:precompile when deploying capistrano
- ruby on rails - error when docker-compose run web rails db:create
- ruby on rails - activerecord::recordnotfound in taskscontroller#index error cannot be resolved
- ruby - puma caught this error: uninitialized constant actiontext::engine::applicationcontroller (nameor)
- ruby - error in heroku
- ruby - when i deploy the rails app, i get an application error
- ruby - cannot load such file error when requesting
- unknown error in nginx (capistrano + nginx + unicorn)
- ruby on rails - [rails 6] an error may or may not occur [unknown validator/active storage]
- ruby on rails - i get no method error in rspec
- ruby - [ajax, rails, like function] invalidauthenticitytoken error appears when pressing like button twice in a row
- ruby error cannot be resolved
- ruby - using allow_nil: true causes an error
- ruby on rails - routing error when pressing rails submit button
- ruby - actioncontroller::parametermissing i want to resolve the error and save the input data to the database
- ruby on rails - an error occurred while setting up the production environment to deploy
- ruby - error due to rails db:migrate when deploying (standarderror:)
- ruby - rails console error
- i want to get the value of the ruby embed code of the erb file with jquery
- ruby - rails docker-compose up does not start the application error: encountered errors while bringing up the project
- ruby - [rails] error when trying to create order model from product_controller
- [ruby on rails] i want to use pluck method to display the values separated by "," in the form field
- ruby - trello-like task management app card move
- ruby - the contents that violate the gemfile are installed
- ruby - rails deletion function cannot be implemented well
- ruby - [rails] please tell me about email encode
- ruby - i want to move to the profile page by pressing the link described in the content of the information window (infowindow of
- ruby - nomethoderror in posts#edit undefined method `content' for nil:nilclass in rails