Emacs23.4.1 is used.
When deleting a character string, a selection range is created with ctrl + space and then cut with ctrl + w.
However, this method will overwrite what was in the previous kill-ring.
Is there a way to delete a string without putting it in a kill-ring like the delete key in windows?
Answer # 1
There is a command
delete-region, so you can map it to some key.
Of course, you can do it directly.
Answer # 2
If you write, you can delete with Ctrl-d or Delete key without putting the selection in kill-ring.
- How to run the sudo command without entering a password in Linux
- php empty (delete) the files in the specified directory, without deleting the directory folder implementation code
- Js delete content without refresh
- Java delete everything in a folder without deleting the instance of the folder itself
- i want to register without entering user information in laravel form
- python 3x - typeerror: 'method' object is not subscriptable
- python - you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages error
- xcode - pod install [!] no `podfile 'found in the project directory
- vuejs - [vuetify] unable to locate target [data-app] i want to unit test to avoid warning
- android studio - emulator: dsound: could not initialize about the error message directsoundcapture
- android studio - unresolved reference comes out in kotlin
- mysql startup failed [error] innodb: the innodb_system data file 'ibdata1' must be writable
- django - oserror: [winerror 123] the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect : '<frozen importlib_boot
- python - importerror: cannot import name md5 error cannot be resolved