What is the reason for adding a bias term (one that calculates the model) to a neural network?
Rental bike visitor prediction code has no bias, but has been successfully learned.
The framework also has a NoBias setting, but I don't know what NoBias is based on.
Answer # 1
The role of bias is like a threshold for transmitting a signal at the next node. What is a threshold value can be any real number. In other words, it can be zero. Strictly speaking, "no bias" in the code we are referring to is not correct and represents zero bias.
Usually, the bias is determined by learning, but it can be fixed if the prior analysis knows the value to set for the bias. Therefore, the code means that the bias is fixed at zero and not targeted for learning.
Probably, when the explanatory variable is all zero, it is desirable that the calculation result is zero, so I wonder if I tried to express it well by fixing the bias to zero.
Answer # 2
This is thought to be the expression of the "easiness of ignition" of the neuron that is the model.
The threshold at which the ion channel opens and closes in nerve cells and the spike occurs is almost constant because the weight of the physical characteristics of the channel is large, but the resting membrane potential is the result of the equilibrium of the concentration gradient and potential gradient. It changes if the concentration changes.
Nerve cells ignite when (resting membrane potential) + (input weighted sum)>(threshold), that is, (input weighted sum)>(threshold)-(resting membrane potential), but neural The bias term for each cell in the network is related to determining this (threshold)-(resting membrane potential) value.
Assuming that the resting membrane potential is a network of roughly the same cell population, the spike generation and propagation model works without the bias term.
Answer # 3
Answer # 4
y = ax + bIs it necessary to have a parameter corresponding to b even if
- python - i want to create a three-layer neural network with keras
- python - about neural network error using keras
- deep learning - neural network theory
- python - i want to color-code nodes in a network diagram
- python - writing when the tcp socket network buffer is full
- python 3x - i want to import a csv file and draw a network diagram
- python - keras: i get an error in the convolutional neural network of mnist
- python - how to determine a filter in a convolutional neural network (cnn)
- i want to output the classification results from a python neural network to csv
- c ++ - bit string counting and comparison method
- python - modelpredict() cannot be executed in tensorflow
- python - environment preparation for using keras
- python - it is not plotted by clustering such as kmeans method
- python - is it possible to perform weighting based on the difference in the amount of training data in a simple deep learning cl
- python - about keras maxpooling2d
- python - 'functional' object has no attribute'predict_classes' cannot be fixed
- python - tensorflow: importerror: dll load failed: the specified module cannot be found
- python: want to download mnist from tensorflow_datasets
- python - tensorflow cannot be imported