Tkinter GUI script created with Python2.7 on Ubuntu 14.04,
I want to start automatically when the OS starts.
It is assumed that the GUI screen appears automatically on the screen.
Registration to "Auto-launched Application" did not work.
I tried to boot from cron, but cron itself is working,
The GUI is not displayed on the screen.
Answer # 1
If it is a script that displays a window on X, X must be started in advance (login and Gnome etc. are started) as the user who executes it.
I don't know if the login screen is gdm or lightdm, but is there a setting for automatic login as a general user when the OS starts?
If you can log in automatically, you will be able to execute scripts using a mechanism that starts automatically, such as Gnome startup.
Answer # 2
Would you like to add it to your startup items using a tool called gnome-startup-applications?
- python - i want to answer questions automatically in google classroom, but i can't use the api please give me some advice
- python - i want to automatically answer microsoft froms using selenium
- python - i cannot start tensorboard (i get an error, i was able to do it before)
- python - i want to automatically log in to soundcloud
- start apache2 on ubuntu 2004 and display the created html
- python - i want to eliminate the straight line connecting the start and goal
- start python by executing shell script with mac automator
- python 3x - i want to start a gui application created with kivy in a docker container and display it on a host pc
- python 3x - python i want to create a message box that closes automatically
- python - i want to automatically delete the backed up files after a few days
- python 3x - to start the server at the same time with vscode
- python - the problem that even if you start selenium of headless on ubuntu 1804, it stops with get
- i want to automatically generate a password with python and record it in a text file
- python - i want to automatically enter a value in create view of django