As the title suggests, I am trying to connect to the Rasp Pi using the host name with VNC Viewer (RealVNC).
Device used is Windows 10, Rasp Pi 2
I just typed raspi.local in VNC Viewer with host name "raspi"
getaddrinfo: The requested name is valid, but the requested type of data was not found. (11004)
Error message appears and VNC connection using the host name is not possible.
-ssh and VNC are enabled on the Rasp Pai side.
-The host name was confirmed by typing "hostname" on the console of Raspai.
-Confirm that/etc/hostname and/etc/hosts are also edited.
-Confirm that avahi is installed with $sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon.
・ Windows10 so install iTunes and update to the latest version.
-Check that Task Manager's service tab, Bonjour Service is running.
-The same error content when trying to type raspi.local: 5900, raspi.local: 5901, raspi.local: 1.
・ As soon as I typed in ip, I was able to access and operate Rasp Pie from VNC Viewer.
・ Throwing ping raspi.local,
The host raspi.local was not found in the ping request. Check the host name and try again.
I tried a lot, but I didn't know why it didn't work, so I asked a question.
Isn't it possible without Rasppie 3 ??
If i get a drastic answer, I'm happy, but it's also helpful to just point out where the settings are wrong (we will revise the settings)
Answer # 1
I did a lot of self-solving.
Download the iTunes installer from apple referring to the site in ↑,
Install only Bonjour
On the task manager, restart the Bonjour service
You can now do it while you are playing with the above.
Thank you to all who responded!
Answer # 2
Is raspi.local registered in DNS?
If you are not registered, you cannot connect from Windows.
Is there anything wrong with connecting with an IP address?
If you really want to access raspi with the name raspi.local from Windows
It is necessary to add raspi.local and IP address correspondence table to hosts.
Please ask some questions and check the operation.
Does ping/VNC work with direct Raspai IP address specification?
(If it does not work, you may need to check the router settings.)
On the rasp pie side, install the related tools with
sudo apt-get install avahi-utils,
Can I see the surrounding information with
avahi-browse -a -t?
To check if there is a problem with avahi's behavior or manually changing hostname
Try changing the hostname and using the default
raspberrypi.localto see if you can ping it.
If it works, instead of editing the file directly,
sudo raspi-config, change the host name with 2 Network Options>N1 Hostname, reboot and try again.
Please tell me which Windows 10 version you have. (I think that something like Version 1709 (OS Buils.16299.1146) is written in the window that appears by typing
winver[Enter] around the address bar of Explorer)
- java - error when connecting to sql anywhere using sajdbc4 on linux: invalid odbc handle
- python - i get the error "no attribute'connect'" when connecting a signal to a slot
- java - i get an error when connecting to mysql
- ruby on rails - when using cloud9, an error about insufficient space is displayed and the terminal does not work
- error when using proxy in typescript
- ruby - i scraped using mechanize, but i get a 403 error
- python - error when switching screens using pygame? want to solve
- python - file read error using read function (mac)
- python - i'm not using numpy, but i get a numpy error
- nginx - laravel error using docker-composeyml
- python error using jupyter notebook
- amazon ec2 - error that does not load ssh contents when connecting vscode remotessh
- php - syntax error error when using foreach in wordpress
- about error connecting nodejs application and mysql
- i want to get the twitter timeline using python, but i get an error
- c# - error 415 occurs in post communication using json between wcf services
- i want to display mysql on ec2 using sequel pro, but i get an error
- ruby - using allow_nil: true causes an error
- i can no longer connect to raspberry pi from vnc
- python - wol with raspberrypi zero without port release
- i want to perform serial communication between windows and raspberry pi 4 using c#
- linux - i can't log in from the razpi login screen
- macos (osx) - how to remotely access multiple windows pcs on one mac at the same time
- raspberry pi - sg90 wants to run raspberrypi
- python - i want to shoot with raspberry pi using a human sensor and web camera
- python 3x - i want to send photos taken with raspberry pi to line notify
- i want to connect raspberry pi with ssh using putty (windows), but timeout occurs