I refer to this site.
In the above URL, the standardized rank is passed to the erfinv function within the range of (-0.5, 0.5), and the returned value is shaped like a normal distribution.
Rank Gauss is a technique used to approximate a normal distribution to a biased graph
After ranking the magnitude of the continuous value, standardize the rank to fit within a specific range
After that, it seems to pass x to the inverse error function called erfinv
I don't know how the inverse error function here is getting closer to the normal distribution.
First, I looked at the error function. The error function seems to return the probability that the error will fall within a certain range when the normal distribution is assumed.
The erfinv function seems to be the inverse function.
The inverse function seems to hold the relationship erfinv (erf (x)) = x.
I'd be happy if you could just provide a hint or link to the page.
Answer # 1
Some comments may be inaccurate, but I will comment.
First, in order to understand the inverse error function, it is necessary to know the error function.
Roughly speaking, the error function is a function that returns the cumulative sum p of probability densities in a random variable x for a normal distribution. Strictly speaking, the cumulative sum of probability density is calculated by the cumulative distribution function, but since both are in a linear relationship, the error function seems to be a function that outputs the cumulative distribution.
Since the inverse error function is the inverse of the input and output, it is a function that returns a random variable x whose cumulative density is p for a normal distribution.
This inverse error function outputs a value with non-equal intervals according to a specified normal distribution when a value with 0 to 1 equally divided is input. By using this characteristic, it is possible to convert random values that follow a uniform distribution into random values that follow a normal distribution.
- machine learning - an error occurred in the feature calculation by the intermediate layer output of cnn
- python - in machine learning learning, the accuracy is 100% and the value of the loss function is almost 0 from the beginning an
- machine learning - keras, i want to use the squared error function for classification problems
- machine learning - unicodedecodeerror error occurs when creating original model of keras-yolo3
- what is the significance of the loss function in machine learning?
- machine learning - i don't understand the content of the error (keras, conv2d)
- machine learning - error when learning yolo format original data set in googlecolab/yolov3/darknet environment
- laravel - i get the error call to a member function load () on null
- machine learning - handling of cross-validation test data
- machine learning - is the gpu working properly?
- machine learning - what happens if you break the tensor type data in pytorch?
- machine learning - about scraping image data
- php header function error
- machine learning - i want to temporarily save the learning model with google colob
- python - error when learning keras neural network
- c ++ - error in loaddivgraph function
- machine learning - whether to use probability distributions as labels or binary labels in deep learning
- php fatal error: call to a member function fetchrow () does not show site
- error when implementing search function using ransack in ruby on rails
- machine learning - structure of darknet53