OS: Windows10 Pro 1903 64bit
Access: Office Pro 2016 64bit
We have created a simple program to connect with Visual Basic 6.0.
The following error message occurs at the Open location.
Both DAO and ADO connections are not successful.
DAO connection Reference: Microsoft Office15.0 Access database Object Library errMsg: Class not registered
Applicable source code
ADO connection See: Microsoft ActiveX Data Object 6.1 Library errMsg: Provider not found. It may not be installed correctly.
'■ Visual Basic 6.0 DAO connection Sub Sample () Dim path As String Dim db As DAO.Database On Error GoTo proc_err 'DB path' path = "D: \ Sample.accdb" 'DB open' Set db = OpenDatabase (path) 'DB connection successful' Debug.Print "DB connection successful" GoTo proc_end proc_err: Debug.Print Error proc_end: If Not db Is Nothing Then db.Close Set db = Nothing End Sub
'■ Visual Basic 6.0 ADO connection Sub Sample () Dim path As String Dim cs As String Dim cn As ADODB.Connection On Error GoTo proc_err 'DB path' path = "D: \ Sample.accdb" 'Connection string' cs = "provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0;Data Source ="&path 'DB connection' Set cn = New ADODB.Connection cn.ConnectionString = cs Call cn.Open 'DB connection successful' Debug.Print "DB connection successful" GoTo proc_end proc_err: Debug.Print Error proc_end: 'DB disconnect' If cn.State<>adStateClosed Then cn.Close Set cn = Nothing End Sub
Confirm that connection can be established by installing "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable Component 32bit".
→ Can the Visual Basic 6.0 Access connection work without a 32-bit library?
Answer # 1
Can the Visual Basic 6.0 Access connection work without a 32-bit library?
The execution module generated by Visual Basic 6.0 is a 32-bit execution module
The library to be used must be 32-bit.
- i want to connect to 64-bit ms access from 32-bit python
- mos measures for access2016
- (vba) is there any way to access db with 64-bit excel and 32-bit oracleclient?
- Method for ASPNET oledb to connect to Access database
- PHP uses PDO to connect to ACCESS database
- Two ways to connect to an Access database in Java
- VB6 ADODB code implementation method to connect to Access database
- Several methods for ASPNET to connect to Access database
- i want to connect to access with java and display whether it is connected to the console
- C # programming to connect to the ACCESS database instance
- PHP uses pdo to connect to the access database and display data in a loop
- How to connect and access activemq in java
- 64-bit oracle data access components (odac) differences
- vba - i want to connect to access on onedrive from excel
- access2016 report text box for statement initialization
- i want to connect to sql server with access
- aspnet quick connect access