I am currently checking the folder by directly entering the contents of the file server from the client explorer, but if I enter the host name (computer name), I can access without entering credentials However, if you try to enter with an IP address, a screen for entering credentials will be displayed.
I want to prevent my credentials from being displayed.
Network share settings and Guest user controls are in full control.
The IP address is static
Answer # 1
You can see if you start "Credential Manager" from the Windows 10 control panel.
In explorer credentials, the IP address and server name are treated as different credentials.
So I think it's better to add something by IP address or prohibit access by IP address.
Answer # 2
I think that it is a good way to add the host name and IP address of the file server to the HOSTS file and access it with the host name.
If you want to access by IP address for various reasons, try registering the IP address of the file server in the "Local intranet" zone on the [Security] tab in Internet Options of Internet Explorer.
You may be trying to access at a high security level because it is recognized as an access to the Internet zone if you access it with an IP address even within the corporate network.
For security reasons, it is recommended to implement a name resolution function (DNS or HOSTS) so that the host name can be accessed as much as possible.
Unfortunately, the reason why the behavior of file explorer (explorer.exe) is affected by the option setting of Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) is not known because the document was not found.
- windows server - ipv6 address cannot be assigned by standard windows vpn function
- java - server migration (windows> ubuntu)
- Steps to deploy Net Core WebApi to a Windows server
- How to deploy an egg application for a self-built windows server (detailed graphics)
- Tutorial for building zookeeper server in windows system
- Windows server management security considerations
- Detailed Windows server configuration method
- Windows Server 2012 oracle11g installation (graphic tutorial)
- Windows Server 2008 r2 server automatically restarts for no reason
- windows server - phenomenon that screen disappears with remoteapp of rdp
- How to install redis extension in PHP on Windows server
- windows server - printer error or memory error during remote desktop
- Easy steps to build Windows SSH server
- web site files are not uploaded to the server
- Windows Server 2019 IIS100 + PHP (FastCGI) + MySQL environment setup tutorial
- [windows server 2019] cause and solution of storage space direct enable command execution error (1168)
- batch file - about windows batch error
- centos - setting the private address of the db server
- Open windows server port (Take open port 8080 as an example)
- Detailed samba + OPENldap file sharing server problem