We are moving from gitlab to github.
Most repositories are complete, but only one repository cannot push the master branch with the following error:
remote: error: GH001: Large files detected.You may want to try Git Large File Storage-https://git-lfs.github.com. remote: error: Trace: 13f549fac33a5729c1caeff2e679ff87 remote: error: See http://git.io/iEPt8g for more information. remote: error: File css/.common.css.swp is 463.00 MB;this exceeds GitHub's file size limit of 100.00 MB
You can't find this swap file in gitbash or explorer.
Even if you check with the following command,
git ls-files --others --ignored --exclude-standard css/.common.css.swp
Where is the actual state of this file? . .
I added it to the ignore file, but it has no effect.
Answer # 1
GitHub specifies the maximum size of objects that can be added to the repository.
As shown below, the hard limit is currently 100MB.
Git repositories keep a snapshot of all the files that existed from the past to the present, so if there is a record of committing a huge file at some moment in the past, the repository can be placed on GitHub It will not be possible.
In this case,
git filter-branchcan solve the problem by modifying the history and erasing the fact that "a huge file has been committed in the past" .
Since the entire history will be recreated, repository compatibility will be lost.
Please check first because there is a lot of information on the net. Since it is a repository modification operation, if the procedure is incorrect, the history will be destroyed.
If you can't do this, you may either discard the past history and recreate the repository with the current files and place it on GitHub, or give up on GitHub itself.
In any case, it is impossible to push the current repository as it is.
Answer # 2
If it is a hidden file
Answer # 3
It seems to be under the css directory. It can be displayed with
I'm sure it was out of the net while editing with vim
You can delete.swpif there is no problem with the existing source
- python - you get angry if booleanvar doesn't exist
- java - get angry if package doesn't exist
- grass doesn't grow only when pushed to a specific repository on github
- python - convert json file to csv (if key doesn't exist)
- github - madgwick library doesn't work
- change commit grass doesn't grow on github
- github doesn't show push origin
- github actions doesn't finish vuepress build
- ruby - "the page you were looking for doesn't exist" when deploying rails 6
- github profile summary cards doesn't generate all cards
- why doesn't vs2019 c++ std::strcasestr(char*, char*) exist?
- vba - does the file seem to exist but doesn't really exist?
- i get angry when i try to push with github master
- vba - i want to put data that doesn't exist in each row in tabular form of accsess form
- jquery - doesn't slick slider 180 exist?
- github - git push fails
- i would like to know the cause of the error in the git push origin master command "error: some references cannot be pushed
- python - i want to delete a 100 mb file on git
- github - restoration method when git/index directory is deleted with git
- github - i want to launch all apps using docker-composeyml
- github - questions about committing by linking vs code and git
- i have two-step verification and cannot log in to github
- github - can't git clone
- github - configuration during team development on git
- github - i want to fix a permission denied (public key) error