RailsTutrial (a little further) With version 5.1.6 rails file, there is a work of rewriting gemfile to make learning easier, but this is the default after installation
This is a Gemfile that explicitly specifies the version for each Ruby gem on the site
source 'https://rubygems.org' gem 'rails', '5.1.6' gem 'puma', '3.9.1' gem 'sass-rails', '5.0.6' gem 'uglifier', '3.2.0' gem 'coffee-rails', '4.2.2' gem 'jquery-rails', '4.3.1' gem 'turbolinks', '5.0.1' gem 'jbuilder', '2.6.4' group: development,: test do gem 'sqlite3', '1.3.13' gem 'byebug', '9.0.6', platform:: mri end group: development do gem 'web-console', '3.5.1' gem 'listen', '3.1.5' gem 'spring', '2.0.2' gem 'spring-watcher-listen', '2.0.1' end # In Windows environment, you need to include a gem called tzinfo-data gem 'tzinfo-data', platforms: [: mingw,: mswin,: x64_mingw,: jruby]
It says to rewrite it, but I don't understand the nuance of the word explicit. Should I delete the default and paste the latter Gemfile?
Or only the ones written in the latter gemfile should be rewritten in this way. For example, there are gems that are not written in the latter gemfile, such as group: development,: test do, and you can't know if I want to leave it and rewrite only the corresponding place, or delete it and make it exactly the same as the latter gemfile. Hmm.
Answer # 1
Can I delete the default and paste the latter Gemfile?
In order to proceed with the Rails Guide, we recommend that you do so.
I don't understand the nuance of the word explicit.
As long as you don't know when and when the Rails Guide will be used, it means that you can reproduce the exact same environment as at the time of writing by fixing the version to 0.0.1 completely.
In the actual operation, except for the pattern that "stops because there is a bug in the new version", it seems that the minor version advances as it is like
'~>4.3.1'I often leave it.
- wordpress - i'm not sure about the mw wp form settings
- ruby - about embedding rails videos
- ruby - i have a question about rails routing errors
- ruby on rails - about the problem that rails test does not become green in rails tutorial
- ruby on rails - about the code of the adjacency list model implemented in rails
- ruby on rails - about rails unit test code
- ruby on rails - about routing errors in devise
- ruby - validation does not start
- ruby on rails - about rails:
- ruby - about the error when there is no id of the association destination
- ruby - about errors after deploying heroku
- ruby on rails - [rails] about the display position after redirect by pressing like
- python 3x - i'm not sure how to index pandas df
- ruby - about notation of create action
- about the empty model created by "new" of ruby on rails
- ruby - questions about the contents of the aws reference site
- ruby - about "activemodel :: unknownattributeerror" of rails
- ruby on rails: about nomethoderror that occurred when adding a good function
- html - i am not sure how to use the pseudo element
- ruby - about the matter that the error message at the time of "rails" validation check is not displayed
- ruby - only some data is not saved in the notification table
- ruby - when you set up the server, a warning comes out
- ruby - actioncontroller :: urlgenerationerror when validating rails comment function
- ruby on rails data is not saved in db? ??
- ruby - the wrong number of arguments (given 5, expected 2) is not fixed
- ruby - if i accidentally do rails db: drop, the database disappears and i can't deploy it can i get it back?
- ruby - i can't edit all at once with unknown attribute'' for it
- ruby - i want to make the test successful
- ruby - [rails] actioncontroller::parametermissing is displayed and data is not saved