RailsTutrial (a little further) With version 5.1.6 rails file, there is a work of rewriting gemfile to make learning easier, but this is the default after installation
This is a Gemfile that explicitly specifies the version for each Ruby gem on the site
source 'https://rubygems.org' gem 'rails', '5.1.6' gem 'puma', '3.9.1' gem 'sass-rails', '5.0.6' gem 'uglifier', '3.2.0' gem 'coffee-rails', '4.2.2' gem 'jquery-rails', '4.3.1' gem 'turbolinks', '5.0.1' gem 'jbuilder', '2.6.4' group: development,: test do gem 'sqlite3', '1.3.13' gem 'byebug', '9.0.6', platform:: mri end group: development do gem 'web-console', '3.5.1' gem 'listen', '3.1.5' gem 'spring', '2.0.2' gem 'spring-watcher-listen', '2.0.1' end # In Windows environment, you need to include a gem called tzinfo-data gem 'tzinfo-data', platforms: [: mingw,: mswin,: x64_mingw,: jruby]
It says to rewrite it, but I don't understand the nuance of the word explicit. Should I delete the default and paste the latter Gemfile?
Or only the ones written in the latter gemfile should be rewritten in this way. For example, there are gems that are not written in the latter gemfile, such as group: development,: test do, and you can't know if I want to leave it and rewrite only the corresponding place, or delete it and make it exactly the same as the latter gemfile. Hmm.
Answer # 1
Can I delete the default and paste the latter Gemfile?
In order to proceed with the Rails Guide, we recommend that you do so.
I don't understand the nuance of the word explicit.
As long as you don't know when and when the Rails Guide will be used, it means that you can reproduce the exact same environment as at the time of writing by fixing the version to 0.0.1 completely.
In the actual operation, except for the pattern that "stops because there is a bug in the new version", it seems that the minor version advances as it is like
'~>4.3.1'I often leave it.
- ruby on rails 6 - about validation (number of characters) of rails tweet posting
- ruby on rails - about screen transition from rails top page to calendar page
- ruby on rails 5 - about lint/syntax error of rubocop
- ruby - about the problem of duplicate devise error messages (allow_blank: ture doesn't work!)
- ruby - about the error content displayed in "rails" rspec
- ruby on rails - about image posting page argumenterror
- ruby on rails - rails render: about the matter that the url after new is different
- ruby - [rails] about partial templates
- [ruby on rails] about header setting using bootstrap
- ruby on rails 6 - about rails error "wrong number of arguments (given 1, expected 0)"
- about description of manifest file of ruby on rails
- ruby on rails - about rails create action
- ruby version does not change
- ruby - about record duplication
- ruby - rails page does not open
- ruby on rails - about nomethoderror in skilscontroller # create
- about ruby exception method stackrace
- ruby - about rails controller new action
- ruby - about accelerating heroku's rails app
- you may not know in ruby code
- html - i want to allow users to use points
- ruby - i can't get the value from the array i earned with news-api
- ruby - items duplicated by cocoon are caught in forbid_login_user and are not saved
- ruby - about implementation of tag function in rails
- ruby - i want to display only the image of the logged-in user when executing the search function
- ruby - [rails] i can't install the add favorite button
- how to unlock excel with password with ruby
- ruby - i want to display an error message when posting/editing fails by validation check
- ruby - [rails] when rails s is executed, an error "cannot load database configuration" appears and it is forcibly term
- ruby - about the error when there is no id of the association destination