I am making Windows software with Python and save ranking data in a text file with a different extension. I recently learned that there is a MySQL file, and I replaced the text file with MySQL. I wanted to try it
- Is the software running on another PC without MySQL installed?
- When using MySQL, are there any disadvantages and caveats compared to text files?
Answer # 1
Can the software run on another PC that doesn't have MySQL installed?
It's not impossible with a net app, but it's impossible to move it as it is
It ’s better to think of it
If you want to centrally manage the data, there is also an odbc access method
It is also common to access via the web
When using MySQL, are there any disadvantages or caveats compared to text files?
What are the benefits of RDB here?
Search and aggregation speed, access control, conflict avoidance, etc. will be the main features
I think SQLite is more realistic if you use it for local apps
Answer # 2
If you put a MySQL database locally, it will of course not work without MySQL on another PC. .
Conversely, if the MySQL server is running where you can access it on the network/Internet, you don't need MySQL on the client side.
The disadvantages are the above, and if you don't have knowledge of MySQL, learning costs, server maintenance, etc., there are possibilities that there are more disadvantages than saving in text.
If you want to run a small database anywhere without a server, isn't it good for SQLite?
- fails when installing mysql on windows 10
- about languages and frameworks for creating gui apps for windows
- linux - about plugins such as vim in managing dotfile with git
- oracle - about client pc settings for windows applications
- windows - about garbled characters in git
- mysql - about docker error
- mysql - about the setting to connect to the db in docker from the sql client
- mysql - question about how to count sql
- mysql + sqlalchemy, about relations
- about the error when executing the initial setting of windows server 2019 with ansible
- about windows server rds
- about errors when connecting to mysql (codeigniter, xdebug, mysql)
- how to back up only a specific mysql database with a windows batch file
- about mysql user
- mysql - about db table naming
- mysql - about switching databases
- mysql - about production operation of application
- error about mysql when building environment with docker
- about the connection cancellation method between docker and mysql
- about amazon linux2 mysql installation