I am making Windows software with Python and save ranking data in a text file with a different extension. I recently learned that there is a MySQL file, and I replaced the text file with MySQL. I wanted to try it
- Is the software running on another PC without MySQL installed?
- When using MySQL, are there any disadvantages and caveats compared to text files?
Answer # 1
Can the software run on another PC that doesn't have MySQL installed?
It's not impossible with a net app, but it's impossible to move it as it is
It ’s better to think of it
If you want to centrally manage the data, there is also an odbc access method
It is also common to access via the web
When using MySQL, are there any disadvantages or caveats compared to text files?
What are the benefits of RDB here?
Search and aggregation speed, access control, conflict avoidance, etc. will be the main features
I think SQLite is more realistic if you use it for local apps
Answer # 2
If you put a MySQL database locally, it will of course not work without MySQL on another PC. .
Conversely, if the MySQL server is running where you can access it on the network/Internet, you don't need MySQL on the client side.
The disadvantages are the above, and if you don't have knowledge of MySQL, learning costs, server maintenance, etc., there are possibilities that there are more disadvantages than saving in text.
If you want to run a small database anywhere without a server, isn't it good for SQLite?
- mysql - about database design and implementation
- about update of create time in mysql
- mysql - about db table naming
- mysql - about switching databases
- mysql - about production operation of application
- error about mysql when building environment with docker
- about the connection cancellation method between docker and mysql
- about amazon linux2 mysql installation
- about update of multiple records in mysql
- about permission error when backing up with mysql
- about building failover clustering in windows server 2019
- how to back up only a specific mysql database with a windows batch file
- about c# windows froms flat style
- mysql - please tell us about the error statement for rails db: create!
- when connecting to mysql from java with jdbc (about classforname)
- c# - about aspnet mvc web application and mysql integration
- about error connecting nodejs application and mysql
- about mysql innodb unique constraints and concurrent insert
- mysql - about docker container startup error
- windows 10 - about the program named "program" running at the start