VB (local app) matter
I have a DB locally and want to store data there.
(Currently in CSV format, re-baked project)
Microsft development experience is scarce, but generally for apps with a local DB
Will you use SQLServerLocalDB?
Or does it use a file type DB like SQLite?
* It is hoped that the DB will also be installed when installed by the installer.
Answer # 1
Is it using a file type DB like SQLite?
Since it depends on your requirements, you should consider using SQLite.
But install DB file (?) as part of application under
C: \ Program Files \and
C: \ Program Files (x86)It is not recommended to use it as it is. (Rather, I have a hard time around access rights.)
When installing or starting the app for the first time, it is good to create (or copy) a DB file in a directory with access privileges (such as a directory under the user profile) and use it.
This answer is helpful.
[WPF] Access rights to the database
Answer # 2
Selection should change depending on the use case, so I don't understand the meaning of "generally", but can satisfy the requirements such as the type of data type In that case, I think SQLite is a powerful option.
(I think you can expect only this answer if you do not detail the issues such as what kind of data will enter)
Answer # 3
SQLite relies on file permissions for security, In an environment where you are logged in as an administrators user, there is anxiety in the sense that users can easily see and rewrite.
Answer # 4
Is Access not an option?
- mysql - database connection error with local third xampp, wordpress installation
- php - how to access the database in the server on www with pdo from the local development environment
- php - cannot operate the database with local by flywheel
- sql server - how to deal with database restoration to microsoft sqlserver downgrade version?
- Spring timed task polling local database implementation process analysis
- pyqt5 example of selecting a picture from local and displaying it on label
- there is logic to update or add records to sql server in vbnet, but even if an error is caught, the data is inserted/updated saf
- sql server - i want to insert at high speed
- why can't i connect with a global ip address in sql server, even though it can connect with a local ip? please tell someone who
- vb - insert datatable into sqlserver
- i want to connect to sql server on the cloud from windows forms app (net)
- python - find standard deviation from sql
- sql server - how to read and write vbnet binary data to sqlserver
- i cannot execute sql statements using sqlite on vbnet