This is a question for beginners, but I'd like to ask you about SWIFT app production.
I want to create an app with swift, but I have only win, ipad, iphone6 and no MACbook.
I want to buy a MAC there.
MAC OS version? I heard that swift apps cannot be created.
I want to maintain this app for more than 3 years because it's an app that I make with great effort. What kind of MAC should I use?
I thought it was something like an Android API lollipop, but I wasn't sure what to ask.
Because you don't have much budget, it would be helpful if you could tell me which MAC can make the app.
There are many computers, so the only use of MAC is swift. No other use.
Using a MAC just to create an ios app is very painful to my wallet for me, who costs 3000 yen a month.
However, even if you develop with win, it seems that you need a MAC in the end, so I am thinking of purchasing a crying mac.
Thanks for your kindness.
Answer # 1
To get Apple's review to release an app from the AppStore,
It is necessary to build with iOS-SDK12.1 or higher. To use iOS-SDK12.1 or higher, Xcode10.1 or higher is required.
MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) or higher is required to install Xcode 10.1 or higher.
To install macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra), Mac mini requires Mid 2010 or later.
In other words, to create an app that can be reviewed by Apple,
If it is Mac mini, what was released after the middle of 2010 is required.
However, as takabosoft responded, the conditions were revised in April next year,
After April next year, you need to build with Xcode11 or higher,
The minimum version of macOS for that is macOS10.14.4 (Mojave)
If you have Mac mini, you can install Mojave on Late 2012 or later.
And this condition is expected to be raised every year.
Please judge by yourself.
Answer # 2
Anything that can be bought now is pretty much, so please like it.
However, the spec and processing speed are a trade-off.
If you want to give priority to wallet circumstances, it is customary to use the existing display, keyboard, and mouse for the mac mini.
It is probably tough to develop with iPhone6 for more than 3 years (up to 2022).
Answer # 3
Apple will raise the minimum SDK version on an occasional basis.
After April 2020, all new apps and app updates must be built with the iOS 13 SDK to support full screen design after iPhone XS Max.
(* Google translation)
So if you want to develop and apply for an application,
Please note that you must maintain new Xcode and the macOS&hardware that Xcode runs on.
If you buy too much specs, you may want to buy them again at the next bottom up.
- xcode - swift playground super beginner strings, variables please help!
- [super beginner] how to make excel vba class
- python super beginner how to use find
- xcode - learning swift (beginner)
- jquery is a super beginner please tell me how to study how to use the slider
- python - super beginner: why does the terminal launch every time i launch jupyter notebook?
- swift - about the slide show application production
- c - i am a super beginner i don't know what's wrong with the arduino program, please tell me
- android - can unity, swift and kotlin coexist?
- Implementation of Android to obtain super administrator permissions
- Android Super Clear 60 Permission Application AndPermission
- swift : I want to upload /download photos taken with an app to iCloud
- ios - [swift] i want to get the coordinates of the textfield that i dragged and moved when the keyboard is displayed
- ios - i want to turn off the swiftlint typealias warning
- ios - simulator crashes when trying to transition screen thread 1: signal sigabrt
- about os version upgrade support in ios apps
- ios - how to specify tintcolor of images at once
- about flag management of native apps (android, ios)
- ios - framework not found usermessagingplatformxcframework error occurs
- ios - i want to get cell information when i tap a cell in collectionview
- about symbolicate (restore) of crash log due to rejection when applying for swift iosapp