You can see the functions named run ○, app ○, get ○○ in the function that seems to take the value as it is (mainly newtype field name), but there are some differences and they are divided Is not it?
If Identity, Kleisli, etc., run is used, Endo is app, and Any, All is get.
I often see others.
Comonad extract is used in a similar way, but it would be easier if it could be shared like this ...
In short, if the form f a->a, it can be extracted. Identity is Comonad.
What does this run mean in the first place? I don't know that the identity is run.
I don't know what the app stands for. Isn't it apply?
Answer # 1
It's not a well-founded answer, but I will write what I think.
I think that certain data types (usually those that are Monad) are often marked with runOO.
Perhaps it was recognized that Monad was a huge function that was built with functor synthesis and used the name "run" to expand when it "runs" .
Stateis the most obvious example, but it is defined as
State sa = s->(a, s)and
Because it is written as
let myState =? :: State s a let (result, finalState) = runState myState initialState
, it looks just like "executing" State.
Allis a data type as Monoid, so it can be regarded as having a single synthesized "value", so when retrieving it Expects to be
Endois a data type that is composed of countless combinations of endomorphism, so the contents are "functions". It seems natural to use
applyto "apply" this to the initial value.
I'm sorry for the unfounded story, but personally, it seems to be determined by the above atmosphere and customs.
- ruby on rails - when i run rails s, i get
- ruby - i get an error when i run rails db: seed
- when i run java on atom, i get "could not find and load main class xx"
- java - i get an error when i run tomcat and i don't know what to do
- python - when i run pycharm, i get a modulenotfounderror
- python get code run time example code
- Get app startup page image with iOS code
- Android get HD app icon code sharing
- i get an error when i run the php code, but i can not fix it even if i try again
- google - i can't get the app on garake
- unity - when i run it, i get a nullreferenceexception error
- Split sheet in Haskell by condition
- haskell - about the identity (?) in function composition
- scala - about development in functional languages
- where to use haskell
- list separation in haskell in c #