unity is a beginner.
I have a question about updating a unity app.
We are making offline apps for android and iOS.
Using Json Utility,
I am saving the save data as a JSON file directly under the asset folder,
If i update the application as it is, the saved data will be lost, right?
("Update" is not for Unity itself, but for users who update it via the play store or app store.)
I heard that PlayerPrefs will retain the data when updating.
I also thought about converting json to a string and saving it with PlayerPrefs, but for future study
Other than PlayerPrefs
Please let me know if there is a way to prevent the JSON file (or the target folder) from being updated even after updating.
I am sorry for the vague question.What I tried
I searched variously such as "unity iOS app update", but it was stuck without talking about the update of unity itself or hitting. .. ..Supplemental information (FW/tool version, etc.)
Unity 2019.3.10f1 (2D)
Platform: iOS, Android
Answer # 1
I think if you googling with "Unity data save", etc.,
Using PlayerPrefs as the questioner said,
Application.persistentDataPathIt is better to save it in the path obtained in.
In the first place, the Assets folder is where you place "read-only" items such as materials,
The idea of saving save data in the Assets folder is strange.
Answer # 2
What if I save the data in a folder that is not the update target?
- c # - i want to turn off the display of notes after the judgment process from the judgment line side
- c # - does not switch after jump animation plays
- c # - when the android application of unity is executed on the actual machine, the specified file cannot be found error
- c # - which is lighter after a certain period of time
- c # - i do not know the reason why the android application made with unity drops immediately when opened after installation
- i want to send arguments even after running an external program in c #
- mysql - about routing after updating user information (beginner)
- python - how to get background_color after updating with pysimplegui
- c # - prevent prefab from disappearing after scene transition
- want to do an internal test (or α test) after releasing an android application once
- python - i get an error even after updating the tensorflow&tfp version
- unable to run after updating unity
- c # - screenshot of external application
- c # - communication between client application and server application is not possible
- c # - i want to paste another application as a child window in wpf
- c # - how does the raw socket of winsock identify the application being used?
- react native - after updating to xcode version 1121, reactnative until now stopped working
- after playing c # sequential images, they disappear once
- what can i do other than making a game with unity after learning c #?
- c # - the brain punctures when the number of conditional statements increases
- c # - about the implementation of shotguns
- android - about data sharing between scenes using unity scriptable object
- c # - the load gradually increases when instantiate loop processing is performed in ienumerator
- c # - the object is detected even though the range is specified i want to know how to specify a clear range
- c # - i can't attach a script in unity (beginner)
- c # - i want to eliminate the awkward feeling of loops using dots in unity
- c # - i want to temporarily disable key input
- c # - i want to increase the number of text every time i tap
- c # - visual studio 2019 does not open when double-clicking a unity script