Always I am indebted.
I have a question because there are some things I don't understand while creating a Windows application (Windows Forms).
As an application specification
-Extract information from Oracle DB
-Process the data extracted from the Oracle DB and save it in SQL Server
I am creating something like this.
The application itself can be created, and the development PC can connect to each DB to acquire and save data.
In order to do this on the client PC, I think it is necessary to make settings for connecting to Oracle on each PC.
However, I can't set all the client PCs myself.
I want to allow the client to set it by myself, but there are many people who are not accustomed to PC operation.
Is there a way that even such a person can easily set it?
* I want to be able to easily install the Oracle driver and set up ODBC.
By the way, since the connection to SqlSerer can be done on each client PC, only the connection setting to Oracle is required.
The connection on the application side is made by ODBC.
The application will be distributed using the Visual studio distribution.
The question is being asked while studying, and there may be some insufficiencies in the content.
We will add and reply to you each time, so we apologize for the inconvenience, but thanks for your understanding.
Since this is my first attempt, there is no one who can ask what to do or ask the workplace.
Reference siteRely on
I installed these two points and combined the unzipped files for distribution into one file.
I think it is necessary to set this on each client PC.
I want to make settings such as environment settings easy.
Visual studio 2019
Answer # 1
How about using ODBCCONF.EXE?
I think you can create a batch file or run it from the installer.
Answer # 2
There is an installer so that such settings can be done automatically.
Answer # 3
Oracle Database, Oracle Client for Windows Software Requirements Do you have an environment that meets the software requirements?
From time to time, there are people who live outside of software requirements and run out of power.
- server - about netlify settings in muumuu domain
- iis - to run windows command prompt on the client side in aspnet
- about building failover clustering in windows server 2019
- ubuntu - about network settings when nesting virtual machines
- ruby on rails - about column settings you want to add with devise_parameter_sanitizer of devise using multiple models
- about windows server rds
- about languages and frameworks for creating gui apps for windows
- about the error when executing the initial setting of windows server 2019 with ansible
- php - about apache virtual host settings
- windows - i want to implement image quality settings in a unity game
- windows - about garbled characters in git
- oracle - about table constraints
- c ++ - about openacc settings
- apache - about web server settings on sakura vps
- windows - about the difference between the disk image file size of hyper-v and the drive capacity size in the vm
- about copying project settings (file path) etc in eclipse-based renesas ide
- python - about vscode formatter settings (django)
- oracle - about calling pl/sql on mybatis
- windows - question about extracting event logs using wevtutil
- vb - enter key operation control does not work in windows application development
- visual studio - i want to change the conditions according to the entered data (2)
- visual studio - how to paste a reference to a form on vbnet
- i want to change the sign or color of the current day in the calendar with vbnet
- net framework - data transfer between vbnet forms
- i want to terminate vb form application form with wscape key
- i have a question about vb form app
- visual studio - when displaying the date in maskedtextbox, 0 (zero) is _ (underbar)
- visual studio - i want to put the maskedtextbox that is focused at startup into the selected state