I have set a password for root authority by command operation, but an authentication error occurs during GUI operation.Detailed information
Created AWS instance
AWS service name: EC2 Instance type: m5.metal * AMI used: Amazon Linux 2 * Recognition that VMware can be started because it is a bare meta instance.
Step 1: Make EC2 work with GUI
→ Recognize the steps required to install VMware.
Step 2: Pick up the VMware boot image for Linux from the VMware site, store it in EC2, and install it by GUI operation.
Step 3: Install the packages required to start VMware
sudo yum update -y sudo amazon-linux-extras install -y epel sudo yum install -y g ++ sudo yum install -y gcc sudo yum install kernel-headers-`uname -r` kernel-devel-`uname -r`
Step 4: Start VMware by GUI operation
→ I get angry that I need to authenticate super user authority.
Step 5: Grant root authority password by command operation
Step 6: Execute the following command and confirm that you can get root authority with the set password.
[ec2-user @ ip-192-168-0-200 ~] $su Password: [root @ ip-192-168-0-200 ec2-user] # whoami root [root @ ip-192-168-0-200 ec2-user] #
Step 7: Start VMware again by GUI operation and enter the password of , but an authentication error occurs.
→ I also tried the following, but the result did not change.
Reboot the instance
Copy and paste the password entered in the text (considering the possibility that the keyboard is arranged in alphabetic characters when operating the GUI)
The content of the question in this post is a means to achieve the purpose described below, and I would like to ask if there is a better and better way to achieve the purpose.
I want to run a binary image in .OVA format provided on the assumption that it will run on VMware on a server and share it with multiple people.
However, I would like to use a cloud service (AWS is the first priority) because the installation cost and operation of the physical server are difficult.
[Approach tried so far]
1) Check the operation of the provided .OVA format binary
It has been confirmed that it works on VMware in the Windows local environment.
2) Try it on AWS EC2 as a cloud service to run on the server
2-1) Use the EC2 import function→ It didn't work and I gave up.
→ .I tried it with OVA and failed with the following error message.
"StatusMessage": "ClientError: Disk validation failed [OVF file parsing error: Unsupported OVF format]"
→ I tried using the .vmdk image that unzipped the .OVA, but the following error occurred.
"StatusMessage": "ClientError: Unable to determine kernel version.",
2-2) Install VMware on bare meta EC2 and run it on it
→ I have a question in this post because the authentication of root authority when installing VMware did not work.
Answer # 1
Regarding the problem of being asked for the password of root authority when installing VMware, I was able to overcome the problem of SSH connection with "ec2-user" by ssh connection with "root".
→ "Ssh to EC2 as root" procedure
- amazon ec2 - i want to install postgresql in ec2
- amazon ec2 - i want to install python-devel on ec2
- amazon ec2 - i want to start express with aws ec2
- amazon ec2 - unicorn does not start in rails app
- amazon ec2 - i can't install nodejs on my ec2 instance
- amazon ec2 - ssh-keygen on aws ec2 results in not found
- amazon ec2 - [aws] about session sharing across multiple servers [spring]
- amazon ec2 - about deploying ec2 reserved instances
- amazon ec2 - about microsoft azure api subscription key error 401 access denied due to invalid subscription key
- [vmware] unknown how to start hands-on lab
- amazon ec2 - aws cloudwatch agent cannot be installed
- amazon ec2 - i want to complete the installation of laravel that stopped halfway except by changing the instance type of ec2
- amazon ec2 - how to send an email from the wordpress inquiry form set up on aws
- amazon ec2 - cannot upload files to ec2 (permission denied)
- amazon ec2 - ec2 and rds instance types in the portfolio
- amazon ec2 - i want to move files to rds
- amazon ec2 - rails app created on docker cannot be pushed to github
- amazon ec2 - when i try to support ssl with ec2 + cloudfront configuration, i am redirected to the origin
- i want to run php bearsunday on aws ec2
- the story that the database did not exist when connecting to rds from ec2 with mysql
- ruby on rails - undefined method `' for nil:nilclass in rake assets:precompile after deploy is executed
- amazon ec2 - ec2 stops without permission
- cannot access http2 on amazon linux 2 + apache 24
- amazon ec2 - if the aws ec2 configuration is multi-az, what happens to the files in that ec2?
- css does not hit at all
- amazon ec2 - i cannot connect to aws ssh, so i want to recover it