I want to operate CentOS6 on teraterm, so I am trying to SSH from teraterm.
When ifconfig is done on the CentOS6 side, inet addr: 192.168.0.3 is displayed.
Host (T): 192.168.0.3
TCP port # (P): 22
SSH version (V): SSH2
IP version: AUTO
Then the authentication screen appears and
Authentication is required.
User name: Input field
Passphrase: Input field "
I created a user named user in advance, so
I entered the user name and passphrase respectively and OK.
"Authentication failed. Please try again."
Is displayed and the authentication does not pass.
I want to identify the cause of this and make the login successful.
If i have any questions, please let me know.
I look forward to working with you.
What I did:
In/etc/ssh/sshd_config Port 22 PermitRootLogin no PasswordAuthentication yes
In/etc/selinux/config SELINUX = enforcing ↓ change SELINUX = disabled
Check if: 22 is LISTEN $netstat -ant | grep 22 tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 ::: 22 ::: * LISTEN
If there is any other necessary information, I will add it at any time.
Answer # 1
By the method shown by yukky1201
I found that the user name and password name set was not set correctly.
Thank you very much.
- unable to add docker repository to vm (centos6)
- connect to the guest os using teraterm from the host (centos)
- after installing centos7 with virtualbox, restarting, it will return to the installation screen
- i'm having trouble with name resolution in centos6 is the setting of dns wrong?
- centos - unable to send mail from outside with postfix
- after completing the centos settings in virtualbox, the screen returns to the install screen even after restarting
- centos is not separated in vagrant + virtualbox multi-machine setup
- i want to upgrade node using nvm on centos6
- kvm unable to get global ip from virtual os (centos7)
- centos - when using a bridge adapter with virtualbox, the virtual machine cannot communicate with the outside
- centos - unable to load docker image
- i can't figure out how to find/var/www/html/of centos in the virtualbox of mac environment
- centos 8 stream installation does not start on virtualbox
- installing centos in virtualbox does not work
- virtualbox centos nat network setting method
- i want to install centos with virtualbox
- linux - unable to expand pathname on centos
- i want to install teraterm on centos7
- linux - unable to access virtualbox virtual environment from host os browser
- python - about securing capacity of system installation destination in virtual environment (virtual box)
- i cannot connect to linux (centos7) installed on virtulbox from the host machine by ssh
- nginx - development environment construction with vagrant and virtualbox
- i want to log in to linux server on virtualbox with vscode
- linux - i get an error when vagrant up
- centos - ssh connection with teraterm is not possible
- linux - i am unable to log in for the first time after launching a new os
- linux - bind does not start even though unbound is stopped
- ssh - error (segmentation fault) on vagrant up