I'm trying to install a new WordPress.
I created a new database on the server management screen, downloaded WordPress from the official website, and uploaded WordPress using filezilla to the domain I want to display.
Then, when you access the directory where you uploaded WordPress from your browser, you will see the database information input screen and installation screen.
↓ Something like this
But the page is not displayed.
What I tried
The screen says "This page is not working. This request cannot be processed at this time. HTTP ERROR 500." Come out
The directory where I uploaded WordPress is a folder called domain/public_html, so I accessed it with the url https: // domain. In addition to that, I also tried to access the domain/public_html. This was a 404 error.
Also, I'm not sure about public html, so I tried to access the domain/public.html. This was also a 404 error.
The WordPress installation screen does not appear.
Does anyone know how to get it right? I look forward to working with you.
By the way, it is a domain that is free ssl on the server side.
Since htaccess seems to be related, I will supplement it for the time being.
I thought that htaccess might be the cause, so I searched for an htaccess file, but I downloaded it from the official website and there is no htaccess file in the root directory of the unzipped files (where wp-content etc. is).
Looking at the files on the site that used WordPress without any problems, I found htaccess in the root directory.
Is htaccess generated later?
Or should I create the htaccess file myself and add it?
Answer # 1
Perhaps you are uploading a WordPress file with it compressed (with a ".zip" file extension)?
WordPress files downloaded from the official website must be "decompressed" before being uploaded to the server.
If you download it from the official website, a file with a name such as "wordpress-5.5.3-ja.zip" will be saved on your computer. This is a "compressed" file.
When you "decompress" this file on your computer, a folder called "wordpress" will be created in that folder.
Please try uploading these folders and files to the "domain/public_html" folder using filezilla.
Answer # 2
Isn't it because .htaccess is empty even though the description specific to the rental server is required?
- ftp - wordpress installation screen does not appear
- the wordpress installation start screen is not displayed
- the visual editor did not appear on the screen after "post" → "add new" in wordpress
- wordpress - i can't post from the wp management screen, and when i look at the console, i get a 403 error
- cannot redirect htaccess (wordpress)
- i want to deal with a redirect loop error in the login screen with wordpress
- i can't log in to the wordpress admin screen
- php - wordpress top screen
- php - the layout of the wordpress management screen has collapsed
- the line breaks entered in the text area of the custom field on the wordpress edit screen are automatically deleted one by one
- wordpress built in subdirectory does not appear
- wordpress - i want to change the item name on the wp user new registration screen
- wordpress - i cannot log in to the management screen of the site backed up with updraft plus in the subdomain
- html - when creating a form with cf7 of wordpress, it will be out of the sp version screen
- i want to apply basic authentication to/wp-admin/* after removing the wordpress login screen
- i want to make the wordpress front ssl, connect the management screen with http
- htaccess - transfer wordpress to the test environment → 403 error persists
- wordpress new post screen specifications
- transfer from http to https with wordpress (rewrite htaccess)
- wordpress : Redirect with exception
- website - i want to renew my site using the same domain
- to redirect from the root directory to the subdirectory wordpress with htaccess
- how to change php memory while phpini cannot be changed (apache server)
- htaccess - when you access the url of a subdomain, the address of the domain will be displayed
- website - i want to make my wordpress site displayed (accessed) smoothly even in china
- i'm moving wordpress you will be moving while changing the domain
- htaccess - how to redirect from domain/wp to domain to view articles