I am trying to use the L3 switch as a pseudo-opposite that imitates a server device with multiple I/Fs and IPs.
For IP, I think it is only necessary to be able to ping.
Excerpt from the config that tried to realize ↑
Gi1/1: 192.168.0.1/24 (routed port) Gi1/2: 192.168.0.2/24 (routed port) Gi1/3: vlan 100 (switching port) Gi1/4: vlan 100 (switching port) vlan 100: SVI is 192.168.0.100/24, and if either Gi1/3 or Gi1/4 is linked up, please fix it to one port and respond.
The problem i am having
ip vrf VRF_RoutedPort11 rd 1: 1 ip vrf VRF_RoutedPort12 rd 1: 2 ip vrf VRF_SVI_100 rd 1: 100 interface gigabitEthernet 1/1 ip vrf forwarding VRF_RoutedPort11 no switchport ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 no shutdown interface gigabitEthernet 1/2 ip vrf forwarding VRF_RoutedPort12 no switchport ip address 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0 no shutdown interface gigabitEthernet 1/3 switchport switchport mode access switchport access vlan 100 no shutdown interface gigabitEthernet 1/4 switchport switchport mode access switchport access vlan 100 no shutdown interface vlan 100 ip vrf forwarding VRF_SVI_100 ip address 192.168.0.100 255.255.255.0 no shutdown
The I/F that input the routed port/SVI setting is from the MAC address that the I/F originally has.
It will be rewritten to one MAC address.
Before applying routed port
Gi1/1: xxxx.yyyy.0001 Gi1/2: xxxx.yyyy.0002 Gi1/3: xxxx.yyyy.0003 Gi1/4: xxxx.yyyy.0004
After applying the routed port
I want to answer
Gi1/1: xxxx.yyyy.a010 Gi1/2: xxxx.yyyy.a010 Gi1/3: xxxx.yyyy.a010 Gi1/4: xxxx.yyyy.a010
- I want to know why the MAC address is overwritten when applying a routed port to the I/F on the L3 switch.
- I would like to know if there is a way to prevent the MAC address from being overwritten even if the routed port is applied.
- I would like to know if there is a way to change the MAC address to some extent apart from applying the routed port.
I tried it on two units, Catalyst and Nexus, but it is the same that they overlap.
I think that it is not a device alone but a reason for specifications.
I confirmed that there is a command to specify the MAC address from the I/F on Nexus7000,
The Catalyst 4948 and Nexus 3000 used this time did not have a similar command.
Answer # 1
It was explained at the above URL.
I want to know why the MAC address is overwritten when applying a routed port to the I/F on the L3 switch.
→ The L3 interface (routed port) and SVI all have the same MAC address.
Due to the internal structure, each VLAN has a separate MAC address table, so there is no effect on operation.
I would like to know if there is a way to prevent the MAC address from being overwritten even if the routed port is applied.
→ It doesn't seem to be.
I would like to know if there is a way to change the MAC address to some extent apart from applying the routed port.
→ Some models can be changed manually depending on the switch model.
Some chassis-type switches are supported, not fixed-configuration switches.
- network - about the mac address of the l2 switch
- network - why is it hard to hit an ip address directly?
- network - how to get an ip address for users in the question box
- network - differences between layer 2 switch, layer 3 switch, and router
- what is a network address structure?
- i want to convert a network address structure to a string
- network - about address conversion function of bufallo router
- network - how to learn mac address
- C # Get the router's external network IP, MAC address implementation code
- How to solve illegal network request address in iOS development
- Shell script to get local network card IP, mac address, subnet mask, dns IP, external IP
- Php find a network segment start and end IP address method
- Simple example of Android network data switch usage
- docker specifies the IP address, the same network segment IP as the host
- Detailed explanation of network card MAC address cloning method in Linux system
- Java get IP address and network interface method example
- Python get all network card IP, mask and broadcast address of this machine
- Java method to save pictures based on network address
- network - ip address allocation range
- interface - about network, eth0, etc
- network - access to cisco router (home)
- network - cannot connect to the internet from a pc connected to the cisco 1812j vlan
- [network] about routing settings
- routing - please tell me about the loopback address
- windows 7 - tcp/ip connection is not possible with tera term when using a specific pc
- network - about pptp lan connection between cisco 841m and bhr-4grv2
- network - what you can do with a lot of l2 switches
- network - restrict access to vty
- network - the ip address for vpn is also assigned to the in-house pc by dhcp