I am creating an application in front React backend Rails API mode. Do I need Nginx on the backend side at that time?
Rails api returns json.
Also, I have started the backend with number 3000, but if it is unnecessary, should I send a request from the front to public IP: 3000 such as EC2?
I am thinking of using S3 and cloud front for the front desk.
Answer # 1
I've never thought about not building nginx or apatch in a production environment, regardless of API or HTTP. It may be an option if you only have the same level of access as the development environment and you do not need to encrypt the communication path.
"If you don't need it, send a request from the front desk to a public IP such as EC2: 3000"
Is it a mistake if necessary? If so, it is YES
- server - about netlify settings in muumuu domain
- sql server reporting services - about the parameters of the reporting service
- about setting to ssl by self-signed with nginx
- unable to stop nginx on windows server
- about if branch in nginx (lua)
- about windows server rds
- about api server framework selection
- php - about launching the server of codeigniter (mac)
- web server - i want to know about the wireless lan configuration
- when accessing the web server (nginx) of the ec2 instance, it sometimes becomes 404
- [sql server/vscode/ms-sql] about creating schema and adding tables
- [rails] i would like to know the procedure until the application server of the rails application deployed with nginx + unicorn i
- nginx - about setting items of uwsgi_params and uwsgi_pass
- web server - about the name when acquiring the domain server for hp production
- server - about the release of the site renewal
- [go] about 500 internal server error how to read the server log
- i would like to know how to set the nuxt app as a subdirectory on the nginx server
- i don't understand the need for a web server such as nginx when deploying ruby on rails applications on ec2
- ruby on rails - [rails] routing error occurs in devise_token_auth and the registration screen cannot be displayed
- ruby on rails - [rails] i want to pass json from controller to html (erb)
- ruby on rails - i want to know how to return from rails api mode to non-api mode (normal rails)
- nginx - i want to allow api access only for requests from aws amplify
- ruby - i can't get a payjp token on aws
- html - i want it to be rendered if the search word is incorrect
- ruby on rails - i want to create an image posting function with react (typescript), formik, rails api, activestorage
- data in public is not reflected in docker * rails * nginx