Thing I want to do:
I want to check the operation if logrotate is done correctly.
What I looked up:
I checked the operation check method on the above site.
I wanted to make the logrotate settings set in the production environment work the same in the verification environment, so I copied the following files in the production environment to the verification environment as they are.
Files under /etc/logrotate.d//etc/cron.daily/logrotate
Question:logrotate -fv /etc/logrotate.conf
Execute the above command
If i can confirm that the log file is compressed according to the settings of the files under /etc/logrotate.d/ (this depends on the settings) and that cron is running at a later date, is it okay to judge that the operation check is OK? ..
Answer # 1
-fIf the verification is OK after understanding the meaning of the option, that's fine.
What cannot be verified is the condition for rotation. If the size exceeds a certain value.
If you want to test that too, create a log file of the appropriate size
-fMust be removed and tested.
- about the operation of enabled of userform of excel vba
- html - about width specification to check with developer tools
- please tell me about access check boxes
- typescript - nuxt about validation check using js
- html - about ie operation with vba
- mysql - about production operation of application
- postgresql - about db operation using flask and sqlalchemy
- about git operation (branch) on vscode
- linux - about the background operation of the program
- check if the article about the java interface is correct
- about operation of git/github
- about float type operation of c language
- python - about operation parameters in machine learning production
- terminal - about operation of iterm2
- about basic operation of vba
- c # - about the operation of xamarin prismpluginpopups
- about the operation of excel using python
- about ie operation pull-down and td tag in vba
- about excel operation of python
- linux - log file is not created daily even if logrotate is set (centos)
- i want to save apache log rotation access log as zip
- apache - i want service httpd graceful to succeed during log rotation
- linux - about logrotero compression
- how to manage nginx with systemd and launch cronolog when nginx starts
- apache access log is recorded line by line
- apache logs are not updated after rotation
- i want to save several generations of files with logrotate and save old files to another server instead of deleting them
- about the logrotate function of linux
- apache - how do you monitor web server error logs?