As the title says, I'm currently making it myself
It's free, but I have a project with a few customers.
I don't have any test code in beta yet, so I'm going to implement it, but I'm wondering if I should add CI/CD tools.
The language is rails only and I use heroku.
・ Development by multiple people
・ Deployment flow is troublesome
-Assuming that there are many libraries in the project and an accident occurs where the version is different between local and production
There is an image to use at the time,
Even if it is incorporated into a project made by one person, it will only cost an operation cost and there will be no merit. I think. However, I've never built a CI/CD tool myself, so I think it will be a good experience and I'm curious.
However, I would like to avoid any problems in future operations. (Of course, I will study, but I am afraid that it may bother the user when I hit a wall that can not be solved immediately.)
Have you ever felt the benefits of introducing CI/CD tools in your own personally developed projects?
Thanks for your cooperation.
Answer # 1
As you can see in the reference material below, the advantage of CI/CD is automation.
The reason why automation is needed is that it requires continuous work.
The threshold varies depending on the project,
If the continuous work is done several times a year, the merit of automation is small.
If it is several times a month, the benefits will be great.
What is CI/CD? --Qiita
What is CI/CD-Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery | Red Hat
- Detailed continuous integration practices for Angular Karma testing
- IOS using fastlane to implement continuous integration method tutorial
- Linux continuous integration method for automatic installation of Maven
- Detailed explanation of building continuous integration cluster services based on docker-swarm
- A complete example of continuous integration with ASPNET Core + Docker + Jenkins
- GitLab + Jenkins continuous integration environment under centos (install jenkins)
- Sample code for Jenkins continuous integration with SVN
- Docker uses WebHook for continuous integration
- Method for adding travis ci continuous integration tool in Koa2 under Nodejs environment
- php - should i include a "/" slash in the variable when concatenating urls?
- python - should we include unmodified global variables in function arguments?
- java - what exactly does a build mean?
- github - how to use jenkins job at the time of pull request
- gitlab ci artifacts gives error of not supported/outside build directory/no matching files
- yum - i want to deploy it to sakura's rental server using gitlab's ci function
- c - i want to build x86/x64 together with github and appveyor
- python - i want to control jupyter notebook from the command line
- i want to know circle ci's ip address to allow ssh connection from circle ci to sakura vps
- php - i want to build a deployment flow with sakura vps * wordpress * circle ci, but i don't know what to write in circleyml
- jenkins - skypebot created with ms botframework does not recognize group chat?