I recently celebrated a link to Habré, about HW MTU and IP MTU. Partially like everything is understandable, but I can't see the whole picture.
Why do we generally have a HW MTU, the only thing that sees the meaning is that it will not pass with tags in L2?
in Linux, as I understood, implemented only IP MTU, that is, the dimensions of the L2 Header, MPLS and different tags are discarded?
If, so, are there any opportunities in creating HW MTU on Linux?
- c++ : What does this code mean in the kernel file?
- linux : Warning: implicit declaration of function
- Selection of User Space Memory from Linux Kernel
- Linux header files in CLION
- Connecting linux dynamic link library in c
- linux : When should you use epoll_pwait and why?
- Asynchronous disk work with Linux AIO. What is asynchrony?
- linux : I can not figure out how to send the TCP_CORC flag to a TCP socket
- linux : data is corrupted, why?