I wanted to learn programming and tried to install Ruby on Rails on my Mac.
For Ruby, upgrade from what was in the beginning, and the result of
ruby 2.6.4p104 (2019-08-28 revision 67798) [x86_64-darwin18]
sudo gem install rails, although it is 2.6.4,
For some reason, it must be at least 2.4.4, so it has failed and I am in trouble.
Applicable source code
ERROR: Error installing rails: zeitwerk requires Ruby version>= 2.4.4.
sudo gem install rails
I tried a lot, but I haven't found anything like this for now. . .Supplemental information (FW/tool version etc.)
When the first attempt fails
HEADS UP!error, i18n error (I forgot details),
Unnecessarily it disappears and is an error like the one above.
Answer # 1
There is a possibility that the ruby and gem are different versions.
I heard that you have raised the ruby version. Is it rbenv? Is it a plain installation?
Please compare paths
Answer # 2
What is the Rails version?
No other version
How to install Ruby on Rails (Mac, Window) (latest Ruby2.5/Rails5.2 [2018 edition])
Answer # 3
The Ruby version of the system may be old. How many versions do you get with
sudo ruby -v?
Answer # 4
ruby (also 2.6.4) doesn't change if you reinstall
rbenv installinstead of
brew install, but from there
rbenv global 2.6.4and then try again, it worked fine.
Will it be a story like PATH is not good?
I don't understand the reason well, but I would like to examine it if there is another opportunity.
Thank you very much for solving this issue.
- ruby on rails - i can't install rails
- i can't install ruby on rails
- ruby on rails - can't introduce jquery
- ruby on rails - install rbenv and ruby-build on ec2 server "-bash: rbenv: command not found"
- i can't make a calculation app well with ruby on rails
- ruby on rails: gem install sqlite3 command does not pass
- ruby on rails 5 - rails-v i can't confirm
- ruby on rails - can't rails g controller
- ruby on rails - i want to install ruby and rails in the environment of centos 7
- ruby on rails 5 - i don't know how to resolve bundle install error
- ruby on rails - can't switch git branch
- ruby on rails - i can't upgrade rails
- ruby - i can't do bundle install
- ruby on rails - use postgres with rails
- ruby on rails - how to resolve actioncontroller :: urlgenerationerror
- ruby on rails - the contents defined by enum cannot be displayed on the index or show screen
- ruby on rails - how to write a rails test on the top page
- ruby - about rails link_to
- ruby on rails - unable to deploy rails app to heroku
- ruby on rails - the validation check error message in rails form_for is not displayed is it due to render?
- [ruby on rails] an error occurs when you press logout
- ruby - i want to display the element's post time created_at as oo hours ago in rails
- i want to make a new branch with rubymine
- ruby - unicorn_rails does not start
- ruby - in rails, migrations are pending to resolve this issue, run: the test fails with an error
- ruby - follow/unfollow on rails console
- ruby - i got a message like this, is there any problem?
- ruby - cannot deploy heroku
- ruby - list is out of alignment [rails/css]