We use CentOS7 with Sakura VPS.
When systemctl start sshd.service is executed,
Job for sshd.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See"sytemctl status sshd.service"and"journalctl -xe"for details.
Is displayed and rebooting does not work.
When I looked at status,
Fail to start OpenSSH server daemon.
I thought this might be the cause, but I don't know how to solve it.
Thank you very much.
systemctl status sshd.service
When is executed, the following message is displayed.
sshd.service-OpenSSH server daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/sshd.service;enabled;vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2018-04-18 12:02:23 JST;39s ago
Docs: man: sshd (8)
man: sshd_config (5)
Process: 1453 ExecStart =/usr/sbin/sshd -D $OPTIONS (code = exited, status = 255)
Main PID: 1453 (code = exited, status = 255)
Apr 18 12:02:23 ik1-336.vs.sakura.ne.jp systemd : Failed to start Ope ...
Apr 18 12:02:23 ik1-336.vs.sakura.ne.jp systemd : Unit sshd.service e ...
Apr 18 12:02:23 ik1-336.vs.sakura.ne.jp systemd : sshd.service failed.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
Will cause 3457 lines to be displayed
Please let me know if you have any good points.
journalctl -xe | grep sshd
Before and after "Failed to start" is displayed.
-Unit sshd.service has begun starting up.
Apr 18 12:19:17 ik1-336.vs.sakura.ne.jp sshd :/etc/ssh/sshd_config l
Apr 18 12:19:17 ik1-336.vs.sakura.ne.jp systemd : sshd.service: main pro
Apr 18 12:19:17 ik1-336.vs.sakura.ne.jp systemd : Failed to start OpenSS
-Subject: Unit sshd.service has failed
Answer # 1
Line of ChallengeResponseAuthentication and GSSAPICleanupCredentials
It was solved by commenting out.
Answer # 2
Check the system log for errors.
Answer # 3
Execute the following command, and don't miss it in the comment field ...
yum reinstall openssh systemctl enable sshd systemctl start sshd
- centos - sudo systemctl restart sshdservice displays an error and the port cannot be changed
- centos 8 stream installation does not start on virtualbox
- centos - i want to start the terminal
- dovecot does not start on centos78
- systemctl start postgresqlservice cannot start postgresql
- centos7 vsftpd does not start
- tomcat does not start on rental server (centos 7)
- centos - yum now gives an error after deleting the cache
- centos dnf command gives an error (isn't it connected to wifi?)
- centos - unable to start virtual machine with [vagrant up]
- CentOS 70 tutorial on how to start multiple MySQL instances (mysql-5721)
- systemctl start httpd error in apache
- centos - growi does not start
- python - you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages error
- php - coincheck api authentication doesn't work
- php - i would like to introduce the coincheck api so that i can make payments with bitcoin on my ec site
- [php] i want to get account information using coincheck api
- the emulator process for avd pixel_2_api_29 was killed occurred when the android studio emulator was started, so i would like to
- dart - flutter: the instance member'stars' can't be accessed in an initializer error
- sh - 'apt-get' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
- i want to call a child component method from a parent in vuejs
- python 3x - typeerror: 'method' object is not subscriptable